Friday, January 8, 2010

Rolling Composter


Remember the plastic barrel I got from the car wash?  After a few dollars in new hardware, a saw, and a drill, my kids and I put the door in. I'm thinking about putting a few obstructions inside to help mix the compost.  We'll see if it'll need it.


I was going to build a stand that would have rollers for the barrel to rotate on, but I think rolling it around in the grass might do the trick.



I pre-marked the holes for all the hardware before I made any cuts.  Once the plastic door was cut out, the hardware went on nicely.


Click Here to see a video I watched that gave me a bunch of ideas for the composter.  The guy's voice is a little weird, but he's got a ton of great info.





Our daughter was so proud of the rolling composter that she had to have her picture with.  I'm proud of something in this photo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment