Monday, January 11, 2010

More Lumber & New Trees!

So, my wife and I were doing the morning drop offs (taking the kids to school) and I saw a piece of plywood sticking out of a dumpster in front of a construction site.  All this time, I've been keeping an eye out for random pieces of wood in alleys and driveways.  On the way home, I went back by the site and notice that there was a bunch of large pieces of wood on the ground surrounding the dumpster.  I asked the foreman if the wood around the dumpster was trash too and he said yes.  My intentions were to dumpster dive, but there was such a bounty of nice pieces just laying around I didn't have to.  I picked up two large pieces and walked back to my work shop to cut them down to size.  Construction sites are way better than any other resource of free wood!!!





Andrea, my wife, gave me a dwarf lemon tree for my birthday in August of 2004.  Back then, I was trying to convert our little patio into an Urban Paradise and I potted the tree.  Unfortunately, our patio gets about two hours of sunlight a day and our lemon tree has been slowly dying.  Like a knuckle head, I put a rosemary plant on the patio too.  It did ok for awhile, but slowly became less and less healthy looking.


Long story short, today I planted the dwarf lemon tree and rosemary bush in full sun!  Now our little Urban Sustainable Farm has three planted trees/bushes!  It looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment