Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice, Buds, & Box

Today it actually hailed.  Ice fell from the sky and hit the side walk.  Obviously, it melted as fast as it blew my mind.  Yes, my mind was blown by hail.  Remember, I was building that cinder block planter bed, with my shirt off, just a few days ago.  I wish I could show you a photo of the hail, but I was unprepared for such an opportunity.



The rain slowed enough for me to run our compost out to the Sustainable Urban Farm and I noticed the apple tree.  Wow!  It looked like a dead twig the day I planted it, but now it looks like it can't wait for spring.  You can also see the water in the ring.  That's free water from above!!







Here's another planter box I'm working on.  All said and done, there will be four of these 4ft x 4ft boxes. 

2 comments: