Friday, February 12, 2010

Big Day on the Farm

Can I say how beautiful the day was?  Sure, there are other places on this glorious planted to live, but jeez, Los Angeles weather is PERFECT!!!!!


Today felt like it was time to mow.  The rains brought an over abundance of growth and the grass was not excluded.  I had noticed a major over sight.  The edge work had not been done, so I knocked it out and what a difference!!






I also decided that the planter box around the raspberries was a little too much.  Also, I needed more wood to make pint sized raised beds.  Take a look and see how simply beautiful it looks without the box.




Blossoms are busting open on the apple, rosemary, peach, and lemon trees!!  Check out these photos!

APPLE


ROSEMARY


PEACH



LEMON



Here's a shot of the entire space.  Friday's are when the street cleaning takes place and I snapped a rare shot of the Sustainable Urban Farm uninhibited of parked cars!

One more thing!  I checked my email the other day, and I saw a note from PayPal.  I opened it and there was $25 bucks with my name on it!!  My Uncle Joe sent it to me.  How AWESOME is that?!  He said that the money was for future trees/plants!

About a year and a half ago, my Aunt and Uncle came out to L.A. and we pick apples from some one else's tree.  Hopefully the next time they come, we'll be picking them from our tree.  Ha ha!  Thanks Joe!!  Say hi to Vera for me.  Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment